Our economy is stalled.
Small business is being crushed.
New jobs are few.
Middle class wages are falling.
Our schools are failing.
Political correctness is killing us.
Our military might is declining.
Our borders are broken.
Health care costs are skyrocketing.
Deficits are drowning the Republic.
There are terrorists on our soil.
Our right of self-defense is in jeopardy.
Illegal drugs are destroying our people.
We don’t take care of our veterans, to whom we owe everything.
Half a million New Yorkers will wake up tomorrow with no job.
It’s time to put America first.
It’s time to put American workers first.
It’s time to let Americans have the dignity of work and good wages.
It’s time to stop pitting Americans against each other.
It’s time to end the career of lifetime politician Chuck Schumer.
We can end the reign of the ruling class.
We can reclaim our right to life, liberty, security and prosperity.
We can get our beloved country back.
Wendy Long 2016, Inc.
1170 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10029
Meet Wendy and her family
Wendy is the 2016 nominee of the New York Republican, Conservative, and Reform parties for the U.S. Senate.
Wendy went to public schools and Dartmouth College, Northwestern University School of Law and Harvard Law School. She learned the most about America during a Publius Fellowship at the Claremont Institute. She clerked for Judge Ralph K. Winter at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.
She married her co-clerk for Justice Thomas, Arthur Long, and they have two children, Arthur and Mado.
Wendy practiced as a litigation partner at a New York law firm and then was general counsel of Judicial Confirmation Network.
Meet Wendy's Kitchen Cabinet
The Long Family has 3 dogs in their New York City apartment: Rosie, a 9 year old yellow Labrador Retriever who originally hailed from Cobleskill, New York as a puppy; Abby, a Border Collie / Pit Bull / hound rescue mutt adopted from Unconditional Love pet rescue at the Vince Lombardi rest area; and Percy, who was hit by a car and left for dead when the Long family found him in St. Lucia. He spent 3 months recovering from his injuries and then came through customs and immigration in Miami and to his new home in New York City.
Running a lean campaign, Wendy relies on the dog kitchen cabinet for camaraderie and much more. One of our favorite passages in literature is when Odysseus returns home in disguise after 20 years; he sees his faithful canine Argos, weak, dirty, old, and malnourished. No one else recognizes Odysseus, but Argos manages a weak wag of his tail. That amazing love and loyalty of dogs is one of the great gifts in this world.
Wendy’s Contract with New Yorkers
I pledge to you, my fellow New Yorkers, that if elected I will:
1. Term Limits, Anti-Lobbying, Anti-Corruption: Self-term limit to no more than two terms, never lobby Congress for compensation afterwards, never act for the particular financial benefit of any campaign donor, and push term limit and anti-lobbying legislation to end the chokehold of career politicians in Washington.
2. Trade: Support policies that protect and create American jobs, and vote against multilateral trade agreements and treaties (such as NAFTA and TPP) that undermine American jobs and sovereignty.
3. Immigration: Support a physical wall, virtual walls, and heightened immigration standards at all points of entry to secure our borders and ensure that each individual entering the U.S. is fully screened and has a valid reason for entry; support enforcement of the rule of law including deportation of persons illegally in the United States; vote against the Obama migrant resettlement program; support English as the only official language of the United States.
4. Education: Work aggressively to end the federalization of American public education by eliminating Washington bureaucracy, killing Common Core and other national standards; support school choice (tax credits and vouchers); return education to parents and local control; introduce a bill forcing colleges to reduce tuition commensurate with the size of their endowments or lose federal support including tax-exempt status.
5. Jobs, Wages, and Small Business: Support tax reform that reduces rates on individuals and corporations, closes loopholes, and simplifies the tax code; vote to repeal Obamacare and replace it with market-based affordable, accessible health care without federal mandates; fight job-killing laws and regulations, support pro-growth regulatory reform for small business and community banks, and vote against corporate welfare and cronyism that benefits uncompetitive, politically connected big business.
6. Constitution, Supreme Court, and Rule of Law: Support the Constitution of the United States as written and ratified, vote to confirm originalist judges like Justice Clarence Thomas who have demonstrated faithfulness to judicial restraint, and work against judicial activists who use the courts as an unaccountable legislature; work to restore and protect religious liberty, Judeo-Christian culture, and the sanctity and dignity of human life; and promote respect and honor for our men and women in law enforcement.
7. Right to Keep and Bear Arms: Support the unfettered right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms under the Second Amendment.
8. Military: Support rebuilding our military into an overwhelming American force to pursue peace through strength; commit to total victory over Islamic terror and jihad and to preventing a nuclear Iran; and support reform of the VA to eliminate corruption and incompetence and deliver to our veterans the quality and speed of health care that they deserve.
9. Budget and Debt: Oppose any further increases in the national debt ceiling; oppose omnibus spending bills; introduce legislation mandating that Senators and Congressmen forfeit their salaries if they do not pass a balanced budget in separate appropriations bills with individual votes each year.
10. Infrastructure and Energy: Support the rebuilding of our crumbling American infrastructure and pursue market-based American energy independence.
The founders of this country created it by pledging to each other their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor. To help President Trump restore it, I pledge the same to you.